Connect to a Cleanfeed recording session using wired earbuds connected to your smartphone.
*The day before you are scheduled to record, please make sure your smartphone’s software is up to date.
You should have received an email with the Cleanfeed session link. A few minutes before it is time to record, please follow these steps so the recording goes well:
1) Make sure your smartphone has a full battery charge, then set up to record in a location that:
is quiet (no traffic noise, no fans blowing, no people talking in the background, office phones silenced/unplugged, etc.)
does not have a bad echo (in a room that is carpeted, has bookshelves, plush furniture, few hard smooth surfaces, etc.)
gives you the fastest wireless internet connection possible - a strong WiFi signal is usually best when you can be as close as possible to the wireless access point; but if WiFi is not available, make sure your LTE cellular wireless connection is very strong (no lower than 75% signal strength).
*It is best to have the phone on a table with you earbuds plugged in so the wireless antennas are not obstructed by your body, ensuring the best wireless connection possible.
2) Reboot your smartphone immediately before connecting to Cleanfeed to prevent possible hardware and software glitches.
3) Connect your wired earbuds to your smartphone. The earbuds that came with your smartphone are preferred, if you have them (like the wired Apple EarPods that come with all iPhones).
*Wireless bluetooth headsets (including AirPods) do not provide adequate audio quality for podcast recording.
4) Open the Cleanfeed session link that was emailed to you in your smartphone’s web browser app (Safari on the iPhone), accept the Beta use terms, click “Start,” and allow access your smartphone’s microphone.
5) Once connected you will see your microphone’s audio register green in Cleanfeed’s guest connection and you should hear the host.
* If your connection drops for some reason, simply click on the link in the email to quickly reconnect.
If you have any problems connecting, please call or message the host using the contact information provided in the Cleanfeed email.
EarPods with 3.5mm plug
If you use a Mac and have an older set of EarPods with the 3.5mm connection (and not the newer Lightning connector), it is better to use them with your Mac than your iPhone to connect to the Cleanfeed session, in which case you can follow the Headset instructions ➞.